Head of Software Engineering (m/f/d)
We are looking for an experienced individual with an engineering or technical background to oversee, lead and grow our software engineering team. You’ll be responsible for establishing clear plans, goals and metrics for our high performing, outcome-oriented team to ensure that we meet the requirements of our business departments and our customers. You’ll work across our trip planning, personalization and data platform teams, to create excellent best practices, processes and knowledge sharing. While gaining exposure to exceptional software design, you’ll oversee the building and scaling of one of the most innovative robust travel products and help us grow the platform to international scale. You’ll own the metrics for the technical availability and performance of the ITS Platform and will develop processes to improve our new features delivery time and quality. You’ll provide direction to our frontend and backend developers, while enabling career progression and an awesome work environment.
- Work closely with the CTO and product management, to create strategies to optimize processes and platforms.
- Design, guide and evaluate the implementation of the Fineway Instant Trip Planning service.
- Grow and manage a team of 10 engineers.
- Improve our product development cycle focusing on velocity, reliability, quality, scalability and reliability.
- Own key processes like incident management and capacity planning to ensure high availability of our service.
- Own Fineway’s architecture process and support the teams to build highly scalable and robust platform.
- Contribute to Fineway’s engineering and platform strategy.
- Track record in growing and leading agile engineering teams.
- Responsible for a team of more than 5 people for several years; optimizing team performance, KPI’s and metrics in agile, product-focused environments.
- Experience with building scalable and resilient architectures on cloud services like AWS or GCP.
- Process oriented with hands-on management and technical problem-solving skills.
- Strong emphasis on client’s needs, accountability, performance & team spirit.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and product-focused startup environment.
- Fluent English; written and spoken.
- Designing and operating processes like architecture management, incident management, etc.
- SaaS Product development and operations.
- Building cloud-based architectures using tools like AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, IAM, Networking, IaC.
- Familiar with approaches like continuous deployment, infrastructure-as-code and containerization.
- German is not required, but a plus.
What to expect
- A top international team with a multiple award-winning product.
- An environment for your growth: open doors, flat hierarchies and full transparency.
- An attractive compensation package and clear development paths for your career.
- Professional training & coaching for further education, Brown Bag sessions, and much more.
- Flexible working hours and a top-equipped workplace in the middle of Munich.
- Fresh fruit, healthy breakfast, regular joint lunches and team events.
- Greatly discounted travel conditions and other travel-related benefits.
Our mission: We free travelers from wasting time & money on travel planning ever again.
We believe the future of travel is not search & compare but a delightful conversation to instantly create personalized trips that match your unique style & personal preferences.
That’s why we’ve built an interface-agnostic conversation engine powered by advanced statistics & deep learning methods to decode your travel intent faster & better than anyone else. The purpose? To magically deliver perfectly tailored travel experiences instantly to your inbox. Free, transparent & bookable.