Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
The Backend Engineer (m/f/d) will be part of the Trip Personalization product team, where the cross-functional Scrum team takes ownership of a variety of features. The service is built as a modern microservices architecture, running a state-of-the-art infrastructure running K8s and AWS, where we strive to automate as much as possible utilizing CI/CD pipelines to test and deploy into our cluster. In addition to Python, our team is using Node.js to develop scalable microservice that provide APIs based on GraphQL to power the frontend services written in TypeScript and React/Redux. A few of the projects within the team entail managing the entire inventory of available destinations, enhancing and improving the conversation platform to developing price-prediction models.
- Design and develop event-driven microservices focusing on highly scalable, robust and available systems.
- Design and implement APIs and components for our Instant Trip Planning Service.
- Collaborate on development best practices, working closely with the CTO and Product Managers.
- Take ownership of operating services in a production environment.
- Lead by example and understand the values within the business.
- Engage with the team in a variety of Agile ceremonies.
- Expert developing scalable applications in Python 3, using modern frameworks.
- Comfortable working in B2C or B2B event-driven architectural environments.
- Has developed and queried APIs, with the use of GraphQL or REST.
- Open-Source RDBMS tools; including but not limited to Postgres or MySQL.
- Git Version Control with the use of GitHub, GitLab or Bamboo.
- Familiar with Agile ceremonies, having worked in Scrum or Kanban.
- Worked with modern Python frameworks like Tornado, Flask or Sanic.
- Experience with Docker containers, and orchestration tools (Kubernetes or Docker Swarm).
- Cloud technologies and Serverless architecture experience with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Big Data NoSQL database experience, with MongoDB, DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Familiar with conversational tools like Slack and Confluence.
What to expect
- An international team from over 15 countries, with an open and inclusive culture.
- Flexible working hours in a modern startup office, close to Munich city center.
- Regular team events, including the famous Oktoberfest, right on our doorstep.
- Supportive leadership that encourages professional development.
- Competitive and fair remuneration with clear growth opportunities.
- Weekly fresh fruit, healthy breakfasts and regular team lunches.
- Industry-specific travel discounts and other travel benefits.
- Check out our social media pages (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
Our mission: to free travelers from wasting time & money on travel planning ever again.
We believe the future of travel is not search & compare but a delightful conversation to instantly create personalized trips that match your unique style & personal preferences.
That’s why we’ve built an interface-agnostic conversation engine powered by advanced statistics & deep learning methods to decode your travel intent faster & better than anyone else. The purpose? To magically deliver perfectly tailored travel experiences instantly to your inbox. Free, transparent & bookable.