(Senior) Software Engineer (Python/ Node.js)
As a Software Engineer at FINEWAY, you’ll be responsible for building & maintaining fast, accurate, robust & scalable data-processing services to shape the future of travel. This includes:
- Creating new services & features for the FINEWAY Trip Planning Platform.
- Developing in an event-based micro-services based architecture with cutting edge technologies.
- Designing microservices with a strong focus on scalability, availability and robustness.
- Working closely together with our CTO, Head of Engineering & Product Managers.
- Constantly improving our development and deployment toolchain to stay up to date & fast.
- Integrating complex business systems into our system landscape.
- 5+ years professional working experience in developing micro-services.
- Professional experience working with Python (we use Django) and/ or Node.js.
- Good understanding of event-based, service-oriented architectures.
- Strong software development & architecture skills.
- Serious about code quality, automated software tests & automated deployments.
- Deep technical understanding of web technologies & business system integrations.
- Experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes) on cloud-platforms like AWS.
- Proficiency in English, excellent communication skills.
- A quick mind, pragmatic & a passion for solving tricky problems.
- Eager to thrive in a highly professional environment, move quickly & take ownership of your work.
- Keen on building products powered by machine learning technology & artificial intelligence.
What to expect
- An exceptionally talented team, led by hard-boiled serial entrepreneurs & investors with decade long track records.
- A fast-paced, challenging environment.
- A huge opportunity ahead with a big, common goal in mind.
- Open doors, flat hierarchies, flexibility & full transparency.
- 100% responsibility for what you do & lot of room to grow.