Head of Software Engineering
- Leading, coaching and further development of our Software Engineering team.
- Working with our CTO and architects on building a scalable and robust software microservice architecture on AWS.
- Developing new product features for the FINEWAY Trip Planning Service as part of a cross-functional team.
- Promoting agile software development within our engineering and product teams.
- Evaluating and advocating promising technologies and emerging best practices to continuously improve the way we work.
We are looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about technology as much as he is about building great software engineering teams.
- 5+ year in leading software engineering teams in a agile, product-focused environment.
- A passion for leading and mentoring people, as well as growing engineering teams.
- A 5+ years track record of working as a software engineer on customer facing web-applications.
- Solid background in software engineering (Python, Node) and software architecture design.
- Practical experience in working in cross-functional, agile teams.
- Ability to translate a product vision into working software.
- Experience in designing and building platform architectures on cloud platforms like AWS.
- Technical knowledge about topics like continuous deployment, infrastructure-as-code and containerization.
- Excellent communicative competence in English and German.
- Eager to thrive in a highly professional environment, move quickly & take ownership of your work.
- Keen on building products powered by machine learning technology & artificial intelligence.
What to expect
- An exceptionally talented team, led by experienced entrepreneurs & investors with decade long track records.
- A very skilled engineering team with broad competencies in software and data engineering as well as data science.
- A strong product culture, driven by data and facts.
- A massive opportunity ahead with a beautiful product and a strong vision.
- A fast-paced environment with full entrepreneurial exposure & the possibility to build a revolutionary new way of trip planning.
- 100% responsibility for what you do & lot of room to grow.