Head of Software Engineering
At FINEWAY, we believe the future of travel is not search & compare but a delightful conversation to deliver trips that match your unique style & intents. That’s why we’re building an Artificial Intelligence powered by advanced statistics & machine learning methods to decode the travel DNA of our users better than anyone else. The purpose? To magically deliver perfectly tailored travel experiences.
As Head of Software Engineering you’ll be responsible to build one of the most innovative products in travel. You will define, architect, design, and lead the implementation of our Instant Trip Planning service and expand a top-notch engineering team to drive exceptional results.
At Fineway, we take pride in diving deep into challenges and taking full ownership for results. If you have a passion for really exceptional software design as well as for building an outstanding product, Fineway is the right place to accomplish great things.
- Work with cross-functional teams to transfer bold feature ideas into a world-class product based on our scalable and robust microservice cloud architecture.
- Lead by example and foster a customer-centric engineering culture based on accountability and performance.
- Further develop our team of software engineers and grow the team in size and capabilities as responsible hiring manager.
- Continuously optimize processes and platforms to improve velocity, quality and reliability of our product development cycle.
- Evaluate, advocate and drive utilization of promising technologies and emerging best practices.
- 7+ years track record of working as a fullstack software engineer using Python or Node.js.
- 5+ years of experience in leading developer teams in agile, product-focused environments.
- Passion for understanding and solving challenging technical problems.
- Experience in designing and building a scalable and resilient platform cloud architecture.
- Sound understanding of topics such as continuous deployment, infrastructure-as-code and containerization.
- Excellent communication skills in English (German would be a plus).
- Keen on building an innovative product, powered by machine learning technology and AI.
- Eager to thrive in a highly professional environment, move quickly & take ownership of your work.
What to expect
- An exceptionally talented team, led by experienced entrepreneurs & investors with decade long track records.
- A fast-paced, challenging environment.
- A huge opportunity ahead with a big, common goal in mind.
- Open doors, flat hierarchies, flexibility & full transparency.
- 100% responsibility for what you do & lot of room to grow.