As a Data Engineer at FINEWAY, you’ll be responsible for building & maintaining fast, accurate, robust & scalable data-processing services to shape the future of travel. This includes:
- Designing, implementing & maintaining batch, near time & real-time data-processing pipelines & analytical workflows.
- Optimising processes at code, memory & architecture level.
- Building fault tolerant, adaptive & highly accurate data pipelines.
- Reviewing your peers’ designs & code to ensure quality.
- Developing in an event-based micro-services architecture.
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures & data processing in high-volume applications.
- Excellent knowledge & experience in data modeling, data representation, data pipelines, (No)SQL databases & API design.
- 2+ years professional experience in data oriented ecosystems.
- Strong software development skills in Python, Scala, Ruby or Go.
- Worked together in a team of Data Scientists & Data Engineers.
- Experience with running machine learning services in production.
- Solid, hands-on AWS experience with focus on their data services.
- Serious about automated software tests.
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements & transform them into data models, passion for solving complex data problems.
- Proficiency in German & English, excellent communication skills.
What to expect
- An exceptionally talented team, led by hard-boiled serial entrepreneurs & investors with decade long track records.
- A fast-paced, challenging environment.
- A huge opportunity ahead with a big, common goal in mind.
- Open doors, flat hierarchies, flexibility & full transparency.
- 100% responsibility for what you do & lot of room to grow.